The Tobacco Prevention and Education Program staff of Larimer County has found the following data sources to be useful in our work.

Local Tobacco Policies

The table below details where tobacco policies exist in Larimer County communities:

Area/Town/City Smoke-free Indoor Air “Smoke-free” includes electronic smoking devices Smoke-free parks and/or trails Smoke-free events Smoke-free patios Smoke-free downtown area Tobacco Retail Licensing Illegal Sales/Furnishing to minor
Fort Collins  
Estes Park            
Unincorporated Larimer County            

How to Report a Complaint

The Larimer County Tobacco Education and Prevention Program is NOT responsible for enforcement of tobacco laws.  Below are a few resources to help with your complaint.

Secondhand smoke in prohibited public areas

  • Fort Collins
    The Fort Collins Smoking Ordinance includes smoke-free areas that are more protective than the state minimum standards for clean air. Refer to  http://www.fcgov.com/smokefree/ for a map and description of smoke-free areas and code enforcement contact information.
  • Other Larimer County Cities and Unincorporated Areas
    If you would suspect a Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act (CCIAA) violation in other Larimer County location, please visit the CCIAA website and contact the  local law enforcement agency for that area.
  • Secondhand smoke in your apartment, condo, or neighborhood
    The local laws described above DO NOT apply to homes either rented or owned. If you are a renter, check your lease to see if the owner or manager has required a smoke-free policy. If you are a homeowner, check with your Homeowner’s Association (HOA) or Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) about smoke-free rules. For resources on talking to your neighbors or landlords about secondhand smoke and setting a smoke-free policy, visit My Smoke Free Housing.

Sales to Minors

It is illegal to sell tobacco products to any person under the age of 18. If you witness or suspect a business is providing tobacco products to minors you can report information to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) online, by phone, or mail.