Larimer County provides many services for its citizens. You can get information about those which can be found on our website from either an alphabetical or categorized list below. Use this list if you're not sure which department provides which services.
ID: 567 Event: Berthoud Fall Classic Status: APPROVED Application Date: 04/15/2012 Event Date: 10/06/2012 Organization: Habitat for Humanity Phone: Address:
Permit Type(s): County Road Location:
The event will start and end in Berthoud and will use these directions...
1) START / Head north on N 7th St toward Welch Ave 2) Turn left onto Welch Ave
3) Head north on 8th St toward Mountain Ave 4) Turn left onto CO-56 W/ Mountain Ave 5) Continue to follow CO-56 W
6) Head north on N Co Rd 21
7) Turn left onto W Co Rd 10 / Head west toward N Co Rd 21
8) Head south on N Co Rd 23 toward Co Rd 8e
9) Turn right onto W Co Rd 8e
10) Continue to follow W Co Rd 8e (continue through hair pin turns and around Carter Lake)
11) Head east on W Co Rd 18E toward S Co Rd 29
12) Turn left onto S Co Rd 29 / Head northwest to Buckhorn Rd
13) Head north on Buckhorn Rd/ N Co Rd 27
14) Turn right on W. Co Rd 38 E / toward Co Rd 25E
15) Turn right on Co Rd 25E which is also N. Glade Rd
16) Turn right onto W. Co Rd 24
17) Turn right onto Buckhorn Rd / N. Co. Rd 27
18) Turn left onto N. Co Rd 29
The Berthoud Fall Bicycle Classic Ride will consist of one day. The event will start and finish in Berthoud Colorado and will benefit the Berthoud Habitat for Humanity. The start and finish will be located on the grounds of Berthoud Town Park X located on 8th & Welch. The Start Finish area will have a BBQ and a Beer Garden. Beer Garden will be staffed with TIPS trained pourers with a separate ID and wrist band attendant to maintain beer security. Beer garden will be fenced.
Attached is a complete file detailing the entire event in full detail, addressing the county road requirements.
Comments: The Berthoud Fire Protection District has reviewed the Special Event Plan for the "Berthoud Fall Bicycle Classic Ride" scheduled for October 6, 2012. The District finds no conflict between the mission of the District and the special event plan. However, the District requires fire apparatus access to the Ivy Stockwell Elementary School as required by the International Fitre Code. Fire apparatus access shall not be compromised to Berthoud Town Park, residences adjacent to Berthoud Town Park or the swimming pool facility.
Comments: Currently we have a project slated at the Bridge on CR 29. The bridge will be out and there will be no access for people, bikes, vehicles. A route change is required for this event. If you have questions please contact Ron Winne Larimer County Bridge Engineer at (970) 498-5713.
With the re-route to the original route we approve the event with the re-route or double back on CR 29 back to CR 27. Please coordinate with the City of Loveland Water Treatment Plant and the adjacent property owners in the area about this change. Please also have your traffic control company set up your turn around section. 09/05/12
Comments: Please ensure that a detailed emergency communications plan is available, and that all staff and volunteers are familiar with the plan.
Food service at aid stations does not require a licensed vendor provided food and beverage service is limited to:
• Service of commercially prepared and individually packaged foods and beverages that do not require refrigeration. Examples include packaged candy, power bars, bottled water, soda or juice.
• Service of hot coffee, tea, instant hot beverages.
• Service of donuts, bagels or pastries that are commercially prepared and do not require refrigeration.
• Service of whole uncut fruits and vegetables.
• Service of water from a public supply transported and dispensed in clean containers designed for potable water service.
The Larimer County Department of Health & Environment is available to consult on food safety concerns, and on licensing provisions for vendors involving food service beyond that listed above. Information is available on our website at http://larimer.org/health/ehs/food.asp.
Adequate toilets need to be provided at the start/finish area and as necessary at aid stations.
Doug Ryan Larimer County Department of Health and Environment (970) 498-6777 firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments: 05/30/2012: Special event fee worksheet was e-mailed to you today. Your event will be approved by our department upon receipt of signed fee worksheet & payment in full. 9/13/12: Signed worksheet received and payment.
Comments: This event does not conflict with any currently planned or scheduled road maintenance or construction activities. However, at the time of the event, portions of the route(s) may traverse roads that have recently, or are then, currently undergoing surface maintenance. Event promoters are reminded that they are not to post event signs on traffic sign posts within the public road Right-Of-Way or paint on the surface of the road.