> Prescription Drug Discount Card
Prescription Drug Discount Card
Larimer County has partnered with the National Association of Counties (NACo) and Caremark to offer citizens a free prescription drug discount card. The card can be used by all residents regardless of age, income, or health coverage eligibility requirements. In fact, the only requirement to use the discount card is that your prescription is not already covered by insurance, or you don't have prescription insurance at all.
Larimer County has ordered 70,000 cards printed in English and 10,000 cards printed in Spanish.
- Larimer County Courthouse Offices Building - 200 West Oak St., Fort Collins:
- Citizen Information Center - 1st floor
- Commissioners Office - 2nd floor
- Workforce Center - 5th floor
- Other Locations throughout Larimer County
Print Your Own Card
- Go to www2.caremark.com/naco and select "Print a card" at the top of the front page
- Utilize the map tool to select Colorado, then Larimer County
- A simple form is completed
- Select "Print Card" to generate a personal ID card
- The ID card can be used immediately at any participating pharmacy
Information & Pharmacies
A national network of more than 59,000 participating retail pharmacies will honor the Larimer County prescription drug discount card. For further information, call toll-free - 1-877-321-2652.
The prescription discount card offers significant savings for the uninsured and underinsured residents of Larimer County, and even those with coverage can use the card to save money on drugs that are not covered by their health plan. The card is free. Here are some guidelines:
- The card can be used for prescriptions that are not covered by insurance.
- This is not an insurance program.
- Residents do not have to be Medicare beneficiaries to be eligible for this program.
- There is no limit to the frequency or number of times the card can be used.
- Use the card for pet medications when those medications are also prescribed for humans.
- There is no enrollment form and no membership fee.
- To use the NACo prescription discount card just present it at a participating pharmacy.
The only cost to county taxpayers for the program is the staff time to write up this content.
Previous News Releases