Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
To provide centralized purchasing to County departments and facilitate a fair selection process for goods and services. Purchasing strives to utilize the taxpayers money in the most efficient manner by fostering competition and achieving best value for the County departments.
- Provide documentation and transparency to the Commissioners and the public about what and how Larimer County procures goods and services
- Manage the stockless on-line Office Supply procurement program
- Manage vendor purchasing database and price agreements
- Process electronic purchase orders
- Sponsor annual surplus equipment auction in conjunction with Accounting
- Prepare and process formal bids and proposals for goods and services over $50,000
- Participate in multi-jurisdictional purchasing cooperatives to obtain volume discount prices on goods and services
- Process quotes for goods and services that fall between $5,000-$50,000
- Develop policies that insure the integrity of county purchasing processes
- Maintain historical purchasing records in accordance with state rules
- Provide purchasing software training for County staff
- Provide information and education to vendors about how to do business with Larimer County