Larimer County Offices, Courts, and District Attorney will be closed February 20, 2017 for the Presidents' Day Holiday. The Landfill will be open.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Camper Cabins at Hermit Park Open Space
Rules for Making Reservations
When are cabins open?
15 semi-secluded cabins in the woods southeast of Estes Park, Colorado. Printable Map
- Minimal water available - it is strongly recommended to fill your tank before you arrive
- 2-burner, propane cook stove in cabin - bring your own kitchenware
- Maximums: 8 people/2 vehicles/2 dogs for all but Aspen Cabin, where maximum is 4 people.
- Padded bed surfaces (bunk beds) (sizes vary) - bring your own linens or sleeping bags
- Table with benches
- Picnic table
- Fire pit
- No electricity - propane lighting and heat provided
- Vault toilet at each cabin
- ADA accessible: Blue Bird Cabin and Big Gulch Cabin
All Natural Resources Regulations apply.
Check in: Begins at 1:00 p.m. (see details below)
- Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend: From 1-8 p.m. Stop at the Hermit Ranger Office building (at the entrance) before proceeding to cabin. If you will not be checking in by 8 p.m., call (970) 577-2090 at least one day in advance to make special arrangements.
- Labor Day weekend through Memorial Day weekend: From 1-4:30 p.m. If you will not be checking in by 4:30 p.m., call (970) 577-2090 at least one day in advance to make special arrangements. Check out: 11 a.m.
- Quiet Hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Please be respectful of your neighbors and other campers.
- Pets must be on a leash of not more than 10 feet at all times and may not be left unattended.
- Please keep vehicles on designated roadways. A permit is required on each vehicle. No off highway vehicles (OHV's).
- 3.2% alcohol is allowed, in cans only. No glass containers and no kegs.
- No firewood collecting within the park. Firewood is available at the Information Center.
- Campfires are allowed in park provided fire pits at designated campsites only. Check for possible fire restrictions upon arrival.
- No fireworks at any time.
17 Hermit Park Road
Estes Park, CO 80517
- THIS ROUTE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
From I-25 and US Hwy 34 (passing through Loveland): Drive west on Highway 34 toward Estes Park. Turn left (south) onto Mall Road (CR63) for .6 miles. Turn left (east) onto U.S. Highway 36 for 2.1 miles. The entrance to Hermit Park will be on the right.
- From I-25 and State Hwy 66 (passing through Longmont): Drive west on Highway 66 to Lyons, Colorado. Turn right onto US-36 W/5th Ave/W Main Street. Continue to follow US-36 W for ~16.5 miles. The entrance to Hermit Park will be on the left
- From downtown Estes Park: Drive southeast on N St Vrain Ave/Highway 36 for ~4 miles. The entrance to Hermit Park will be on the right.