County Offices and Courts will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2016 in observance of the President's Day Holiday. The Landfill will be open.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility Guidelines
Department: Solid Waste
Release Date: Jun 27, 2014
Linda Hammett, Household Hazardous Waste Manager, Solid Waste Department, 970-498-5760, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility (HHW) at the Larimer County Landfill becomes a very busy place during the summer months. As summer of 2014 begins, the HHW is experiencing one of it busiest times ever according to Linda Hammett, Manager of the facility. Because of this increased activity and high volumes, the following reminders are being shared to assure the safety of both customers and HHW staff who are sorting and handling the incoming waste.
The HHW facility serves Larimer County residents who have items to dispose of from their personal use and is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Customers are advised to follow these guidelines in preparing, packaging, and transporting materials:
- Items must be typical household chemicals such as paint, stain, cleaners, lawn and garden chemicals, etc.
- The per-visit limit is 30 gallons measured by the size of the containers, not the amount in the containers. Containers larger than 5 gallons are not accepted.
- If containers are not labeled but the contents are known, the container should be marked with that information.
- Items that are leaking should be placed in a bucket or other suitable container.
- No garbage bags allowed! Placing chemicals in garbage bags is very dangerous as items have the potential to leak and possibly mix together. This can cause an unsafe and dangerous situation during transport and for HHW staff.
- Do not mix chemicals together and bring them in their original container if possible.
- Items should be placed upright in a sturdy box, if not leaking, or in a plastic tote.
- Remove lids from empty containers and place the lids and containers in your regular trash.
- If you have questions or have waste that is not from your personal use, please call 970-498-5760 for more information before bringing your items to the HHW.
Used automotive oil and transmission fluid may be placed in the used oil tank located across the parking lot from the HHW building. The tank is self service and available during regular landfill hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.) Only used automotive oil and transmission fluid should be placed in the tank. Other automotive fluids such as antifreeze, gasoline, gas and oil mix, and cooking oil should be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility during its regular operating hours.
For further information, contact Linda Hammett, Household Hazardous Waste Manager, Larimer County Solid Waste Department at email@example.com
, (970) 498-5760.
We ask for your login to prevent computer generated spam in the comments. Your email address is not shown. Do not expect answers from the county for questions posed here. Use the contact information above for specific questions.
Terms & Conditions
No comments yet.