Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill are closed on May 29, 2017 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Larimer County Coalition offers Powerful Tools for Caregivers Classes
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Jan 6, 2014
CONTACT: Lynette McGowan, Caregiver Support Coordinator, Larimer County Office on Aging, 970-498-7758, firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM: Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager, (970) 498-7150
If you hire someone to care for a loved one while you work, call your mom weekly to see if she is okay, help a parent with finances, take your spouse to doctor's appointments, or have a loved one living with a chronic illness, then this class is designed just for you. A Coalition including the Larimer County Office on Aging is sponsoring five 6-week classes, scheduled to start soon, titled Powerful Toolsfor Caregivers:
· Tuesdays, January 28 – March 4, 10:00 – 11:45 a.m., Center for Neurorehabilitation Services, 1045 Robertson St., Ft. Collins. Call 493-6667 to register.
· Wednesdays, January 29 – March 5, 2:00 – 3:45 p.m., Faith Evangelical Church,
2707 N. Wilson, Loveland. Call 663-0522 to register.
· Thursdays, January 30 – March 6, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m., Aspen Club, 1107 S. Lemay, Ft. Collins. Call 495-8560 to register.
· Mondays, February 24 – March 31, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Loveland Library, 300 N. Adams, Loveland. Call 962-2402 to register.
· Thursdays, February 27 – April 3, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 2000 S. Lemay, Ft. Collins. Call 214-2894 to register.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
helps family caregivers acquire ‘tools’ to increase their self- confidence. If you care for yourself; it will benefit the person you are caring for. You will learn how to: reduce stress, better communicate your feelings, balance your life, deal with difficult emotions, and locate helpful resources. For more information, contact
Lynette McGowan, Caregiver Support Coordinator, Larimer County Office on Aging, (970) 498-7758, email@example.com