Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Larimer County - Dry Weather Brings Precautions Where Fire is Concerned
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Dec 13, 2012
Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager, 970- 498-7150, email@example.com
The Larimer County Board of Commissioners this week discussed recent fires in the region and heard from Larimer County Sheriff Justice Smith and Undersheriff Bill Nelson on the general state of dry conditions. Although dry conditions are normal in winter months, given the recent fires the Commissioners urge citizens to exercise caution where fire is concerned.
The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office provided these precautions for dry-weather conditions.
1. Contact 911, if you notice an unattended or out-of-control fire, or see smoke in a remote area.
2. Do not discard cigarettes, matches, and smoking materials from moving vehicles. Be certain to completely extinguish cigarettes before disposing of them.
3. If you must drive a vehicle into a pasture or stubble field always pay attention behind you, watching for fires and park in a clear area where grass or stubble will not contact the exhaust system.
4. Never leave a campfire unattended. Completely extinguish the fire—by dousing it with water and stirring the ashes until cold—before sleeping or leaving the campsite.
5. When camping, take care when using and fueling lanterns, stoves, and heaters. Make sure lighting and heating devices are cool before refueling. Avoid spilling flammable liquids and store fuel away from appliances.
We ask for your login to prevent computer generated spam in the comments. Your email address is not shown. Do not expect answers from the county for questions posed here. Use the contact information above for specific questions.
Terms & Conditions
No comments yet.