Larimer County - Fall Board Openings!
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Sep 20, 2012
Diane Tokarz, Commissioners’ Office, (970) 498-7015,firstname.lastname@example.org
Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager, (970) 498-7150, email@example.com
The deadline is Monday, October 15, 2012
, to apply for openings on several Larimer County Boards and Commissions. Apply online at www.larimer.org/boards
, or pick up an application at a County office; contact Diane Tokarz in the Larimer County Commissioners’ Office at 498-7015, firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details. These Boards have openings:
· Agricultural Advisory Board - advises the Board of County Commissioners and county departments on issues that affect production agriculture and agri-business in Larimer County.
- Board of Appeals - Hears and decides appeals of orders, decisions or determinations made by the Building Official in relation to International Building, Residential, Plumbing, Mechanical, Fuel Gas, Energy Conservation, and Existing Building Codes.
- Fair Board - Works in partnership with the Ranch Staff, CSU Extension, and the Rodeo Committee to put on the yearly Larimer County Fair. The Board advises the Board of County Commissioners.
- Flood Review Board - Reviews the exact boundaries of the Floodway and Flood fringe zones, special permit applications, variance petitions for the Flood Plain Regulation, and petitions for expansion of non-conforming uses and structures. Applicants should be technically qualified in civil engineering with an emphasis in river hydrology and hydraulics.
- Red Feather Lakes Planning Advisory Committee - Provides an organized forum to facilitate communication with Larimer County government and within the community on issues that impact Red Feather Lakes.
- Retirement Board - Advises the trustees of the Larimer County Employee Retirement as to investment choices following the Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Rural Land Use Board – Advises the Rural Land Use Center (RLUC) Director on process negotiations and policy decisions; makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding rural land development and changes to the purposes and objectives of the RLUC.
- Office on Aging Advisory Council - Advises the Board of County Commissioners and the Office on Aging in all matters of planning for older adults. The primary purpose of the council is to carry out the objectives and intent of the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended.
A short video and Q&A section addressing questions about serving on County Boards is online at www.larimer.org/boards
. If you would like to receive an email notification any time there is an opening on a Board or Commission please go to: www.larimer.org/subscriptions.cfm
, and sign up. #####