Home Improvement Scams
Release Date: Apr 26, 2012
Larimer County Sheriff's Office
John Schulz, Public Information Officer
The coming of warmer weather in Larimer County also signals an increase in home improvement scams such as asphalt paving, roofing repairs, brick repair and painting.
- arrival in an unmarked truck or van;
- door-to-door salespeople claiming "We've just finished a job nearby and have material left over so we can do your job for half the price";
- high-pressure sales tactics;
- refusal to give you a written estimate, contract or references;
- very low bids; and,
- the ability to "start tomorrow" on your project.