Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

Larimer County Child Care Assistance Program provides quality child care assistance to eligible families to support their efforts towards self-sufficiency.

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is administered through the Larimer County Department of Human Services for Larimer County residents. The program provides child care services to families who meet the income guidelines and who are in an eligible activity. Eligible activities are:

  • Working
  • Job search-thirteen (13) weeks of child care in a 12 month period
  • Teen parent(s)
    "Teen parent" means a parent under twenty-one (21) years of age who has physical custody of his/her child(ren) for the period care is requested and is in an eligible activity such as: attending junior high/middle school, high school, GED program, vocational/technical training activity, employment or job search.
  • Post-secondary education (time-limited)

CCAP also provides assistance to families enrolled in the Colorado Works program who need child care services to support their efforts towards self-sufficiency.


You must have a gross monthly income below the established program income limits. Eligibility levels vary from county to county. Larimer County is currently assisting families who have total household income at or below 165% of the federal poverty level.

You must have all required verifications at time of interview.
  • Birth certificates for every child that needs daycare, even if only for school out days
  • Driver's license or state-issued ID for one parent in the household
  • Verification of your address (i.e. a lease, bill, vehicle or voter registration, tax form, etc.)
  • Daycare information (name, address, phone number) and schedule for each child
  • Verification for each parent's activities. If you are in more than one activity (i.e. working and going to school), you must provide verification for both activities.

Attention: Effective September 12, 2016, Larimer County will not be adding new families to the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and a waitlist has been put into place. In order to determine if you are eligible to be placed on the CCAP waitlist you must complete the CCAP Waitlist Pre-Eligibility Questionnaire (PEQ). Individuals that meet the definition of a teen parent (under CCAP rules and regulations) are exempt.

If you are interested in applying for child care assistance, you can submit a complete CCAP Waitlist Pre-eligibility Questionnaire and you will be contacted by phone or mail. You can pick-up and submit a CCAP Waitlist Pre-eligibility Questionnaire at any of the following Human Services locations:

1501 Blue Spruce
Fort Collins, CO 80524
205 E 6th Street
Loveland, CO 80537
1601Brodie Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517

You can also download the CCAP Waitlist Pre-eligibility Questionnaire, call (970) 498-6300 to have one mailed to you, or request by e-mail at

For your convenience, you can download all of the forms you need in one pdf file. You may also have the forms mailed to you by calling (970) 498-6300.

CCAP Office Hours
1501 Blue Spruce Drive, Fort Collins
Monday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Choosing a child care provider

Parents have the ability to choose whether they would like to use a licensed child care center, a licensed family child care home, or a qualified family child care home provider such as a friend, neighbor or relative. The only requirement is that your child care provider must agree to the CCCAP terms and conditions.

When choosing a provider, decisions will need to be made about the type of care that will best meet the needs of your child as well as your family. Regardless of the child care provider selected, parents should look for signs that their child will be safe, developmentally stimulated and encouraged to grow and learn.

If a parent needs help locating child care providers they can contact their local resource and referral agency. Resource and referral agencies maintain lists of child care providers that include the type of care provided and other relevant information. For help finding a child care provider in Larimer County, contact the Mile High United Way Agency Child Care Options at 1-877-338-2273.

Once a family has selected a child care provider, they must notify their CCCAP technician. Before authorizing child care services, the CCCAP technician will work with the provider to ensure that all requirements have been agreed upon, the fiscal agreement has been signed and all other required forms have been completed.

If a family selects a qualified family child care home provider, Larimer County will do a background check to find out if that person has been involved in incidents which would indicate they may pose a threat to children. If the county finds that the qualified home provider has been involved in any incidents, they will refuse to enter into a fiscal agreement with the provider and the family would have to select a different provider.

The CCAP Card

Once a case is determined eligible for care, Larimer County will authorize CCAP (Child Care Assistance Program) cards to the client/primary caretakers. The CCAP cards are issued by a 3rd party and are linked to the authorization data on the case. Clients will swipe these cards at Point of Service devices (POS) to access benefits for their children's attendance at the child care provider.

Using your CCAP Card and the Point of Service Device (POS)

How to Swipe Your CCAP Card

Common Errors/Denials - and how to Correct Them

Parental Fees

Parents are required to pay a portion of their child care costs (parental fee). The parental fee is based on the family's income and the number of people in the household. The fee is then paid directly to the provider each month.

Redetermination of Eligibility

As a recipient of child care assistance, you will be asked to update your information every twelve months. Your answers to the questions on the redetermination forms will provide us with the information we need to continue your child care assistance. Please note that failure to complete these forms and supply required documentation will result in the discontinuance of your child care benefits.

For your convenience, you can download all of the forms you need in one pdf file. You may also have the forms mailed to you by calling (970) 498-6300.

Interested in being a provider?

Contact your county office by calling (970) 498-7623 and request information regarding becoming a CCAP provider. If interested in details, a packet of information can be mailed to you which includes a fiscal agreement for your review. Read over the agreement very carefully, as it would serve as a contract between you and the county. The agreement describes each party's responsibilities and contains the reimbursement rate you would be paid.

Child Care Licensing

As a provider, if you choose to be licensed, the Colorado Department of Human Services is responsible for issuing child care licenses. You may also reach them at (303) 866-5958 or (800) 799-5876.

Forms and information for current CCAP providers

See also: State of Colorado Division of Child Care.

Background Image: Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson. All rights reserved.