Food Safety Program
The food safety program protects public health by: working to reduce the factors that cause most food-borne illnesses; ensuring that food sold and served to the public is wholesome, free of contamination and spoilage; and promote compliance with state food safety laws and regulations through education and enforcement.
The team at Food Safety:
- Licenses and inspect restaurants, grocery stores, delis, concession stands. food processors, mobile food units and pushcarts.
- Review construction plans and inspect new or extensively remodeled food establishments and ones that are changing owners.
- Provide food-borne outbreak investigations and follow ups on consumer complaints
- Assist food recalls by alerting local retailers and checking stores for recalled products.
- Coordinates food safety training for restaurant managers and staff in partnership with Colorado State University Extension.
- Maintains the public online food services inspection database.
Larimer County Department of Health
Environmental Health Division
License & Plan Review Information