Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill are closed on May 29, 2017 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Food Safety Program
The food safety program protects public health by: working to reduce the factors that cause most food-borne illnesses; ensuring that food sold and served to the public is wholesome, free of contamination and spoilage; and promote compliance with state food safety laws and regulations through education and enforcement.
The team at Food Safety:
- Licenses and inspect restaurants, grocery stores, delis, concession stands. food processors, mobile food units and pushcarts.
- Review construction plans and inspect new or extensively remodeled food establishments and ones that are changing owners.
- Provide food-borne outbreak investigations and follow ups on consumer complaints
- Assist food recalls by alerting local retailers and checking stores for recalled products.
- Coordinates food safety training for restaurant managers and staff in partnership with Colorado State University Extension.
- Maintains the public online food services inspection database.
Larimer County Department of Health
Environmental Health Division
License & Plan Review Information