Monitoring Diseases Transmitted to People by Animals and Insects
To control the spread of illnesses transmitted by animals and insects
through disease surveillance, outbreak investigation, community education,
maintaining rabies vaccination records, and other control measures.
- Consultation and investigation of wild and domestic animal bites
for rabies; testing of wild animals, if available, when human bites
- Assessing plague activity through monitoring of prairie dog colonies near residences or recreational trails.
- Assessing risk of West Nile West Nile Virus infection.
- Education about tick-bite prevention to avoid Colorado Tick Fever,
Relapsing Fever, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme
- Disease, and other tick-borne illnesses.
- Education and consultation on transmission and prevention of Hantaviral Illness.
Related Internet Sites