Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill are closed on May 29, 2017 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
To provide information resources and promote community, business, and individual planning efforts to prepare for a future influenza pandemic.
Local Presentations on Pandemic Influenza
Presentation to Medical Staff at Poudre Valley Hospital, March 21, 2006
Related Internet Sites
U.S. Government Official Information
World Health Organization
Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
Good overviews of Pandemic Influenza
General Emergency Preparedness
Communicating pandemic influenza to the public
Books about Influenza Pandemics
- John Barry, The Great Influenza: The Epic Story of the Deadliest Plague in History, 2004 (Read the book that George W. Bush read this summer!)
- Alfred W. Crosby, America's Forgotten Pandemic, The Influenza of 1918. (Older, but much shorter than Barry's book above)
- National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine The Threat of Pandemic Influenza: Are We Ready? Workshop Summary (2005) Read it free online
Online streaming video
- A presentation at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, featuring Dr. Michael Osterholm, a well-known epidemiologist, and Helen Branswell, a Canadian reporter. The webcast takes about 1.5 hours (30 minutes by each speaker, 30 min of questions). (Before watching the video, you might want to download the PPT slides; the links are towards the bottom of the page if you scroll most of the way down.)
Pandemic preparedness for employers and businesses
Economic Impacts of Pandemic Influenza
Presentation to Larimer County Commissioners
- Presentation by Dr. Adrienne LeBailly, MD, MPH, Larimer Co. Dept. of Health & Environment, Nov. 22, 2005
Faith Communities and Non-Profit Service Organizations