Index: Community Development
Community Development - Transportation
- In 2012, the ridership rate per 1,000 residents on Transfort (Fort Collins) increased by 4.1% on Transfort (Fort Collins) from the previous year, and Lovelandís COLT Fixed Route service increased by 6.2%. (Public Transportation)
- Vehicle registrations increased 17.0% in Larimer County between 2003 and 2012, compared to a 17.8% increase in the population age 16 and older. (Vehicle Registration)
- In 2010, 4.0% of Larimer County households did not have a vehicle, the same percentage as in 2000. (Vehicles Per Household)
- Transportation Subcategory Page & Executive Summary: The overwhelmingly majority (75%) of Larimer County commuters have a 30 minute or less ride to work. (Work Commute)
- 2011 Urban Mobility Report (September 2011) - According to this report by the Texas Transportation Institute, traffic congestion on American urban highways cost the country $101 billion in 20010 in wasted time and fuel.
- The North Forty - this site, sponsored by the Colorado Department of Transportation, contains ongoing updates on the Environmental Impact Study and other projects affecting the north I-25 corridor.
- The North Front Range 2035 Regional Transportation Plan (update 2011)
- Transportation Improvement Program (September 2011) - This report presents a five-year schedule (2012-2017) of projects using federal, state, and local funding. (North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization)
Related issues within COMPASS:
- Berthoud Transportation Service
- City of Fort Collins Transportation Department
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System - includes a link to the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) Web-Based Encyclopedia containing additional traffic related statistics.
- Fortnet Transportation Listings
- City of Loveland Transit (COLT)
- National Center for Statistics and Analysis - provides a wide range of analytical and statistical support to NHTSA and the traffic safety community, through data collection, analysis, and crash investigation activities.
- North Front Range Metro Planning Organization (MPO)
- SAINT - Senior Alternatives in Transportation, (970) 223-8645
- Smart Trips