Community Corrections Mission and Values
The Larimer County Community Corrections Department is dedicated to improving the quality of life of the community, victim and offender through effective and innovative services that support positive choices, constructive behavior and accountability, thereby reducing criminal actions.
- WE BELIEVE that change is possible and that it begins internally.
- WE BELIEVE that interaction between people should be direct, honest, ethical, open-minded, consistent, respectful and objective.
- WE BELIEVE that responses to behavior must be immediate, consistent, individualized and equitable.
- WE BELIEVE in balancing concern for community safety, sensitivity to victims and responsiveness to offender needs.
- WE BELIEVE that all people are equal and diverse individuals who have intrinsic worth and deserve personal attention, support, humor, empowerment and recognition.
- WE BELIEVE in creating a challenging environment that emphasizes individual growth, exploration and strength.
- WE BELIEVE in being proactive participants in societal, environmental, political and individual change consistent with these values.
While maintaining the highest level of integrity and investment in the well-being of our community, we will develop and deliver without exception services that are devoted to excellence.