Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill are closed on May 29, 2017 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Gas Line Permit And Inspection On Modular/Mobile Homes
The following items are required for gas line permits and inspections:
- Apply and pay for a gas line permit.
- Acquire a pressure gauge and air pump, then test the gas line with 10 pounds of pressure and make sure it holds pressure for 15 minutes.
- Schedule an inspection. There are two ways to schedule an inspection: You can call the inspection request line at 970-498-7697 - you must have your IVR number to schedule the inspection. You can also schedule your inspection online through the customer web portal. You must be registered for the portal and have your permit number to schedule inspections online. Note: Inspection requests must be completed by 11:50 p.m. the day before the requested inspection date.
- The day of your inspection:
- tape the inspection card on the outside of your home door,
- make sure your address numbers are up on your home or at a driveway entrance, and
- make sure the gas line pressure is exactly 10 pounds - no more and no less.
- After the gas line passess inspection, call your gas provider and request a gas meter to be set.
- If the gas line test fails, check for leaks by spraying soapy water over the fittings with the air pressure still on. Bubbles will appear around leaking fittings. Repair leaks and reschedule your inspection.
Note: If the inspections fails more than once, the homeowner or contractor is subject to a re-inspection fee.
Please be advised - Gas line applications and inspections inside a mobile home park are handled via the MHIP program administered by the Division of Housing with the State of Colorado.