LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, February 18, 2015/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE JANUARY 21, 2015 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. REMOVED ITEM:
TUCKER AMENDED SPECIAL REVIEW #14-Z1943
H. CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. MCKINNEY REZONING #14-Z1959
Staff Contact: Michael Whitley
Request: Rezoning of a 15.25 acre parcel from I-1 – Heavy Industrial to FA - Farming
Location: Section 30, Township 05, Range 68; located north of County Road 16E approximately 665 feet east of the intersection of County Road 16E and County Road 13
Applicant: Robert G. McKinney, 11262 W. Ford Drive, Lakewood, CO 80226
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the McKinney Rezoning, File #14-Z1959 , a request to rezone a 15.25 acre property from I-1 – Heavy Industrial to FA – Farming.
*2. LYONS SANDSTONE QUARRY SPECIAL REVIEW #14-Z1937
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Special Review for an existing sandstone mining and rock product/finishing operations and expansion of the processing operations
Location: 31-4-70; Located off of Blue View Road south of the eastern terminus of CR 37E.
Applicant: Lyons Sandstone, Bernard Buster, 2493 CR 37E, Lyons CO 80540
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of county Commissioners Approval of the Lyons Sandstone Special Review, File # 14-Z1937, subject to the following condition(s):
1. This Special Review approval shall automatically expire without a public hearing if the use is not commenced within three years of the date of approval.
2. The Site shall be developed consistent with the approved plan and with the information contained in the Lyons Sandstone Special Review File # 14-Z1937except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Donaldson Special Review.
3. Failure to comply with any conditions of the Special Review approval may result in reconsideration of the use and possible revocation of the approval by the Board of Commissioners
4. This application is approved without the requirement for a Development Agreement.
5. In the event the applicant fails to comply with any conditions of approval or otherwise fails to use the property consistent with the approved Special Review, applicant agrees that in addition to all other remedies available to County, County may withhold building permits, issue a written notice to applicant to appear and show cause why the Special Review approval should not be revoked, and/or bring a court action for enforcement of the terms of the Special Review. All remedies are cumulative and the County’s election to use one shall not preclude use of another. In the event County must retain legal counsel and/or pursue a court action to enforce the terms of this Special Review approval, applicant agrees to pay all expenses incurred by County including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees.
6. County may conduct periodic inspections to the property and reviews of the status of the Special Review as appropriate to monitor and enforce the terms of the Special Review approval.
7. The Findings and Resolution shall be a servitude running with the Property. Those owners of the Property or any portion of the Property who obtain title subsequent to the date of recording of the Findings and Resolution, their heirs, successors, assigns or transferees, and persons holding under applicants shall comply with the terms and conditions of the Special Review approval.
8. The applicant shall pay the Transportation Capital Expansion Fees (TCEF) within 120 days of the recordation of the Findings and Resolution approving the Special Review.
9. The applicant shall prepare an advisory to be distributed to truck drivers regarding the use of air brakes. This shall specifically note the desire to limit their use through the neighborhoods but not compromise safety.
10. Crusher hours shall be limited to the hours of 7-6 Monday through Friday
11. Maintenance plan for roads the applicant shall work with the Engineering Department to develop plans for identification of the maintenance needs on CR37E and Blue View Road focused on surface condition and dust control.
I. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, March 11, 2015: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, March 18, 2015: Planning Commission hearing