LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, March 15, 2018/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE MARCH 15, 2018 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. TABLED ITEM:
1. AMENDMENTS TO THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE –SECTION 4.2.2 #17-CODE0209
Staff Contact: Eric Tracy
Request: Revisions to the LCLUC, Section 4.2.2, to allow repair or replacement of a flood related Substantially Damaged Structure in the FW Floodway Overlay Zone District subject to review and approval by the Larimer County Flood Review Board.
Applicant: Larimer County
Development Services Team Recommendations: Larimer County Staff and the Larimer County Flood Review Board recommend the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the proposed amendments to Section 4.2.2 of the Larimer County Land Use Code (file #17-CODE0209).
H. CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*2. BIGUS REZONING #17-ZONE2118
Staff Contact: Savanah Benedick-Welch
Request: Rezoning request from T-Tourist and R-1 Residential to PD Planned Development to allow a mix of commercial uses.
Location: 3214 W. Eisenhower Boulevard; Located to the south of Eisenhower Boulevard about half mile west of Wilson Avenue in Loveland.
Applicant: Paul Bigus, 935 N. Lincoln Avenue, Loveland, CO 80537
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Bigus Rezoning, File #17-ZONE2118, request to rezone the property from T-Tourist and R-1 Residential to PD Planned Development with the following conditions:
1. Within 60 days of approval the applicant shall provide the Community Development staff with an executed notarized Annexation Agreement to the City of Loveland, Colorado.
2. The permitted uses, lot building and structure requirements, setbacks and structure height limitations for the Bigus Planned Development shall be as follows:
Bigus Rezoning (all use descriptions referenced as listed in the Larimer County Land Use Code, as amended).
A. Principal uses:
1. Apiary (R)
2. Garden supply center (SP)
3. Livestock auction (S)
4. Livestock veterinary clinic/hospital (SP/ S)—See section 4.3.1
5. Pet animal facility (SP/
S)—See section 4.3.1
6. Pet animal veterinary
S)—See section 4.3.1
7. Automobile service station (SP)
9. Carwash (SP)
10. Clinic (SP)
11. Convenience store (SP)
12. Flea market (SP/
S)—See section 4.3.3
13. General commercial (SP)
14. General retail (SP/
S)—See section 4.3.3
15. Instructional facility (SP)
16. Outdoor display/sales (SP)
17. Personal service (SP)
18. Professional office (SP)
19. Restaurant (SP/MS)—See section 4.3.3
20. Church (SP/S)
21. Community Hall (SP/S)
22. Crematorium (S)
23. Funeral Home (SP)
24. Health services (SP)
25. Hospital (SP)
26. Rehabilitation facility (SP)
27. School, nonpublic (S)
28. Membership club/clubhouse (SP)
29. Place of amusement or recreation (SP/S)—See section 4.3.5
30. Shooting range (SP/S)—See section 4.3.5
31. Hotel/motel (SP)
32. Enclosed storage (SP)
33. Light industrial (S)
34. Outdoor storage (SP/MS)
35. Small solar facility (R/PSP)
36. Trade use (SP)—See section 4.3.7
37. Commercial mobile radio service (SP/ S)—See section 16
38. Radio and television transmitters (S)
39. Bus terminal (SP)
40. Park and ride (SP)
41. Parking lot/garage (SP)
42. Transportation service (SP)
43. Transportation depot (SP)
44. Truck stop (SP)
Lot, building and structure requirements:
1. Minimum lot size:
a. 100,000 square feet (2.3 acres) if a well or septic system is used.
b. 15,000 square feet (0.34 acre) if public water and sewer are used.
2. Minimum required setbacks: (If more than one setback applies, the greater setback is required).
a. Street and road setback (Refer to section 4.9.1 setbacks from highways, county roads, and all other streets and roads.) The setback from a street or road must be 25 feet from the lot line, nearest edge of the road easement, nearest edge of right-of-way, or nearest edge of traveled way, whichever is greater.
b. Side yards—Ten feet.
c. Rear yards—20 feet.
d. Refer to section 4.9.2 for additional setback requirements (including but not limited to streams, creeks and rivers).
3. Maximum structure height—40 feet.
4. A parcel may be used for one or more principal buildings and accessory buildings.
A. Uses followed by an (R) are allowed by right but they may be subject to all other requirements of this code.
B. Uses followed by an (SP) require approval through the site plan review process described in section 6.1.
C. Uses followed by a (PSP) require approval through the public site plan review process described in section 6.2.
D. Uses followed by an (MS) require approval through the minor special review process described in section 4.5.
E. Uses followed by an (S) require approval through the special review process described in section 4.5.
*3. S BAR G CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT LOT 3 REPLAT #16-LAND3586
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Preliminary Plat for a subdivision of Lot 3, S Bar G Conservation Development, to create a 2.5 acre vacant lot and a 6 acre lot around an existing residence.
Location: 23-8-69; ¼ mile west of Highway 1 on the north side of Douglas Road.
Applicant: Scott and Margaret Glick, 152 W Douglas Road, Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the S BAR G CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT LOT 3 RESUBDIVISION PRELIMINARY PLAT, File # 16-LAND3586, subject to the following condition(s):
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the S BAR G CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT LOT 3 RESUBDIVISION PRELIMINARY PLAT, File # 16-LAND3586, except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the S BAR G CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT LOT 3 RESUBDIVISION PRELIMINARY PLAT.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single family dwellings: Poudre School District school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Regional and Community Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. All new residential structures shall be fire sprinkled.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
6. The applicant shall provide the Emergency Access easement requested by the Poudre Fire Authority.
7. The Plat shall be revised to reflect the extent of S Bar G Lane from Douglass Road the southern boundary of the two lots shall be an Outlot to be owned by all the owners of land in the S Bar G developments. Additionally the area to the north of the proposed two acre lot should be incorporated into that lot.
4. AMENDMENTS TO THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE – SECTION 4.3 #17-CODE0210
Staff Contact: Michael Whitley
Request: Amend the Larimer County Land Use Code by:
1. Adding Section 4.3.10.R - Accessory personal medical marijuana cultivation, personal non-medical marijuana cultivation and medical marijuana primary caregiver cultivation.
2. Deleting Section 4.3.12.B.
3. Renumbering the remainder of Section 4.3.12.
Applicant: Larimer County
Development Services Team Recommendation: Community Development Staff recommends that the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the proposed amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code, File #17-CODE0210.
5. AMENDMENTS TO THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE – SECTION 0.1 #17-CODE0211
Staff Contact: Matt Lafferty
Request: Amend the Larimer County Land Use Code by a dding the term “Personal Events” to Section 0.1. – Definitions
Applicant: Larimer County
Development Services Team Recommendation: Community Development Staff recommends that the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the proposed amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code, file #17-CODE0211.
J. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, April 12, 2018: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, April 19, 2018: Planning Commission hearing