LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, February 15, 2017/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE JANUARY 18, 2017 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
1. MILE HIGH ESTATES CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT #16-LAND3574
Staff Contact: Brenda Gimeson
Request: A) Preliminary Plat approval of a Conservation Development of a 93.57 acre parcel into 6 single-family residential lots, two Residual Lots for ag support buildings and two outlots.
B) The Residual Lots are not proposed to be protected in perpetuity. The request includes a request for retention of the permitted density allowed by zoning and for the ability to replat under an interim development while waiting for full development at urban densities in a GMA district as allowed under Section 5.3.2.F.
C) Appeal to Section 8.14.1.R of the Larimer County Land Use Code regarding road connectivity to the north of the development.
Location: Section 29, Township 5 North, Range 68 West of the 6th P.M.; 3401 E County Road 16, Loveland, Colorado; located southeast of Loveland at the northwest corner of County Road 9 and County Road 16.
Applicant: John Mathey, 3866 W County Road 16H, Loveland, CO 80538
Development Services Team Recommendation:
A) The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the Mile High Estates Conservation Development File # 16-LAND3574 subject to the following condition(s):
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Mile High Estates Conservation Development File # 16-LAND3574 except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Mile High Estates Conservation Development File # 16-LAND3574.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single family dwellings: Thompson school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Regional Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Automatic fire protection sprinklers will be required for all new residential structures or written permission to deviate from this requirement must be provided from the fire district.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
B) The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the appeal to Section 8.14.1.R (connectivity) of the Land Use Code.
2. AMENDMENTS TO THE LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE #17-CODE0209
Staff Contact: Eric Tracy
Request: The Larimer County Engineering Department is proposing revisions to the LCLUC, Section 4.2.2, to allow repair or replacement of a flood related Substantially Damaged Structure in the FW Floodway Overlay Zone District subject to review and approval by the Larimer County Flood Review Board.
Applicant: Larimer County
Development Services Team Recommendation: Larimer County Staff and the Larimer County Flood Review Board recommend the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the proposed amendments to Section 4.2.2 of the Larimer County Land Use Code (file #17-CODE0209).
H. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, March 08, 2017: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, March 15, 2017: Planning Commission hearing