LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, December 18, 2013/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE OCTOBER 16, 2013 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
1. KECHTER FARM PLANNED LAND DIVISION #13-S3183
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Preliminary Plat Planned Land Division of 415 units on 166.79 acres in the Fossil Creek Planning area.
Location: 8-6-68; West of Ziegler Road, north of Fossil Creek Reservoir and east of Westchase.
Applicant: Ripley Design, Inc., Linda Ripley, Mountain Ave #100, Fort Collins CO 80521
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Kechter Farm PLD, file # 13-S3183, subject to the following condition(s):
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Kechter Farm PLD file # 13-S3183, except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Kechter Farm PLD.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single-family dwellings: Poudre School District school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Regional or Community Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Fire Requirements – fire hydrants shall be installed their location and design shall be consistent with the recommendations of the Poudre Fire Authority.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site-specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table.
5. Mechanical or development wide methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed and approved on a development wide basis.
6. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester, which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
7. Each Phase of the development must provide an updated Traffic Study at Final Plat, the conclusion of the study shall be implemented as a part of the Final Plat approval process.
8. The requirement for an avigation easement satisfactory to the Fort Collins-Loveland airport continues and the easement shall be provided reviewed and approved as a part of the Final Plat.
9. The control of prairie dogs on the site shall follow the recommendations the Larimer County Department of Health and the Environment.
H. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, January 08, 2013: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, January 15, 2013: Planning Commission hearing