LARIMER COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Wednesday, December 21, 2016/6:30 P.M./Commissioners' Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE COUNTY LAND USE CODE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING OTHER RELEVANT LAND USE MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
E. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE NOVEMBER 16, 2016 MEETING.
F. AMENDMENTS TO AGENDA
G. CONSENT ITEM: *Will not be discussed unless requested by Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. JACKSON SUBDIVISION #16-LAND3513
Staff Contact: Rob Helmick
Request: Preliminary Plat for a subdivision of a 6.69 acres parcel into two, 3+/- acre lots.
Location: 57650 W. County Road 24H, Loveland; south of County Road 24H, east of County Road 27
Applicant: Charles Jackson, 3325 Laplata Ave., Loveland CO 80538
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends recommend the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners Approval of the Jackson Subdivision, file #16-LAND3513, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Final Plat shall be consistent with the approved preliminary plan and with the information contained in the Jackson Subdivision file #16-LAND3513, except as modified by the conditions of approval or agreement of the County and applicant. The applicant shall be subject to all other verbal or written representations and commitments of record for the Jackson Subdivision.
2. The following fees shall be collected at building permit issuance for new single family dwellings: Thompson School District school fee, Larimer County fees for County and Regional Transportation Capital Expansion, Larimer County Regional Park Fees (in lieu of dedication) and drainage fees. The fee amount that is current at the time of building permit application shall apply.
3. Fire Requirements – Residential Fire Sprinkler for new residential structures shall be required, unless a new hydrant can be installed which can meet flow, pressure and distance requirements of the Code.
4. All habitable structures will require an engineered foundation system. Such engineered foundation system designs shall be based upon a site specific soils investigation. The lowest habitable floor level (basement) shall not be less than 3 feet from the seasonal high water table. Mechanical methods proposed to reduce the ground water level, unless it is a response after construction, must be proposed on a development wide basis. The soils information indicate potentially corrosive soils concrete design shall address this issue.
5. Passive radon mitigation measures shall be included in construction of residential structures on these lots. The results of a radon detection test conducted in new dwellings once the structure is enclosed but prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall be submitted to the Building Department. As an alternative, a builder may present a prepaid receipt from a radon tester which specifies that a test will be done within 30 days. A permanent certificate of occupancy can be issued when the prepaid receipt is submitted.
6. Lot 2 shall participate at a pro rata share of the cost for maintenance of Verbo and Sunset Ridge roads.
H. REPORT FROM STAFF
NEXT MEETINGS: Wednesday, January 11, 2017: BCC/Planning Commission worksession
Wednesday, January 18, 2017: Planning Commission hearing