LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Monday, August 25, 2014/3:00 P.M./Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by
Commissioners or members of the audience.
*1. MEADOWLARK RIDGE CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT LOTS 3 & 4 AMENDED PLAT/EASEMENT VACATION, FILE #14-S3245
Staff Contacts: Karin Madson, Planning
Request: Amended Plat and Amended Development Agreement for Lots 3 and 4, Meadowlark Ridge Conservation Development to change a condition of approval to allow a fire hydrant to be installed in place of the previous condition of approval requiring fire sprinklers. Also, a request to vacate the 20’ x 50’ access easement on Lot 4.
Location: SE ¼ of 33-05-68; located on the north side of State Highway 60 approximately ¼ mile west of County Road 7.
Applicant: Lorie Dietz - P.O. Box 272206, Fort Collins, CO 80527
Owner: Lorie Dietz - P.O. Box 272206, Fort Collins, CO 80527
Earl Vader - 24045 County Mtn. Dr., Loveland, CO 80537
Lloyd L. and Shirley J. Reed - 303 Squaw Creek Road, Crawford, NE 69339
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Meadowlark Ridge Conservation Development Lots 3 & 4 Amended Plat and vacation of the 20’ x 50’ access easement on Lot 4, subject to the following condition(s):
1. All conditions of approval shall be met by February 25, 2015 or this approval shall be null and void.
2. The vacation of the access easement shall be finalized at such time as the findings and resolution of the County Commissioners are recorded.
3. Prior to construction of the fire hydrant the Development Agreement for the Meadowlark Ridge Conservation Development shall be amended to reflect the revised condition.
4. Prior to construction of the fire hydrant the applicant shall provide construction plans for review and approval by Larimer County, the Loveland Fire and Rescue Authority and the Little Thompson Water District.
*2. WAVERLY RIDGE CONSERVATION DEVELOPMENT LOT 1 AMENDED PLAT,
Staff Contacts: Rob Helmick, Planning, Clint Jones, Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Amended Plat of Lot 1 Waverly Ridge Conservation Development to expand a building envelope for garage addition.
Location: 13-9-69; North of CR 68 On Prima Drive, 10820 Prima Dr.
Applicant/Owner: Janet Coke & Norman Van Wyhe - 10820 Prima Dr.
Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of Lot 1 Waverly Ridge Conservation Development Amended Plat file #14-S3246. To be completed by Resolution of the Board of County Commissioners with an exhibit depicting the revised Building Envelope
*3. GLACIER VIEW MEADOWS 12TH LOTS 183 & 184 LOT CONSOLIDATION AND EASEMENT VACATION, FILE #14-S3217
Staff Contacts: Brenda Gimeson, Planning, Clint Jones Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: A Lot Consolidation to combine Lots 183 and 184 of the Glacier View Meadows 12th Filing into one lot and vacate the 20’ utility easement along the common lot line. If approved, the recording instrument for this application will be a Findings and Resolution from the Board of County Commissioners.
Location: Section 36, Township 9 North, Range 72 West, 12 and 66 Mount Audubon Way, Livermore, CO.
Applicant: Charles & Patty Maybury - 12 Mount Audubon Way, Livermore, CO 80536
Owner: Susan A. DeYoung - 1652 Eiger Road, Livermore, CO 80536
Charles T. & Patty Jo Maybury - 12 Mount Audubon Way, Livermore, CO 80536
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends approval of the Lot Consolidation for the Glacier View Meadows 12th Filing Lots 183 and 184 and Easement Vacation (File # 14-S3247) subject to the following conditions subject to the following conditions:
1. All conditions shall be met and the final resolution of the County Commissioners recorded by February 25, 2015, or this approval shall be null and void.
2. The resultant lot is subject to any and all covenants, deed restrictions or other conditions that apply to the original lots.
3. The reconfiguration of the lots lines shall be finalized at such time when the Findings and Resolution of the County Commissioners is recorded.
D. PUBLIC HEARING DISCUSSION ITEM:
4. WILD PRELIMINARY RURAL LAND USE PLAN TIME EXTENSION,
Staff Contacts: Brenda Gimeson, Planning, Clint Jones, Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Authorization to extend an existing preliminary approval of the Wild Rural Land Plan for twenty (20) years.
Location: Sections 5, 6 and 7, Township 5 North, Range 69 West of the 6th P.M., Larimer County, Colorado; generally located west of the City of Loveland, ¾ of a mile north of Highway 34, immediately north of Hidden Valley Estates RLUP projects.
Applicant: Kitty Wild - 1750 Savage Road, Loveland, CO 80538
Owner: JAW Children LLP & James A Wild Children’s Trust –
5725 Wild Ln, Loveland, CO 80538
Staff Recommendation: Approval of the time extension for five (5) years, until August 31, 2019. All conditions of approval as stated in the Findings and Resolution dated January 25, 2005, and in the previous extension dated October 8, 2009, and re-recorded on August 14, 2012, to correct a scriveners’ error at Reception No. 20120055019 will continue to apply with one additional condition as listed below:
1. Applicant has approval to transfer two (2) density units from an existing 35-acre parcel created by the Linda Wild Minor Land Division File # 04-S2358. The final plat for the 35-acre parcel is recorded in the Larimer County Records at Reception No. 20050074289 on September 1, 2005. If the configuration of that 35-acre parcel changes as a result of an amended plat of the Minor Land Division, (which could result in the original lot being combined with other lots), the applicant/owners may still transfer the two units as long the Amended Minor Land Division and the resulting development is consistent with the intent of the original approval.
5. LONDON LLC APPEALS, FILE #14-G0271
Staff Contacts: Savanah Benedick, Planning, Clint Jones, Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Appeal requests to allow an exemption from the Land Division requirements (Section 5) of the Land Use Code to recognize two lots created by deed as legal lots, and an appeal from the minimum lot size required in the O-Open zoning district.
Location: SE 1/4 Section 21, Township 9 North, Range 68 West; 9929 and 9933 N. County Road 7, Wellington.
Applicant: James Martell - 300 S. Howes Street, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Owner: London, LLC - P.O. Box 336819, Greeley, CO 80633
Development Services Team Recommendation:
1. The Development Services Team recommends approval of the London LLC Land Division Appeal, to allow an exemption from the Land Division requirements (Section 5) of the Land Use Code to allow two lots created by deed, , with the following condition:
· The applicant must pursue a Minor Land Division through the Community Development Department within 1 year of this approval, or this Appeal will be null and void.
2. The Development Services Team recommends approval of the London LLC Lot Size Appeal, to allow two parcels to be 5.17 and 7.4 acres rather than the required 10 acres as required by the O-Open zoning district.