Larimer County Offices, Courts, and Landfill are all closed on Monday, Sept. 5, 2016 for the Labor Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not interrupted by closures. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
LARIMER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Tuesday, September 6, 2016/3:00 P.M./Hearing Room
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. TABLED ITEM FROM AUGUST 1, 2016
1. LARIMER COUNTY LAND USE CODE AMENDMENTS
Staff Contact: Matt Lafferty, Principal Planner
Request: Amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code to make modifications by:
1. Adding the use description “Dwelling, vacation rental” as Section 4.3.6.E and renumbering the balance of the Section,
2. Adding to the zoning table in Section 4.1 under the category of Accommodations “Dwelling, vacation rental” as a use allowed by Minor Special Review (MS) or Site Plan Review (SP), and
3. Adding “Dwelling, vacation rental” by Minor Special Review (MS) to the list of allowed uses under the accommodations section of the Zoning Districts RE - Rural Estate, FO - Forestry, FO-1- Forestry, A - Accommodations, T - Tourist, O - Open, or by Site Plan Review (SP) in the zoning districts B - Business and RFLB - Red Feather Lakes.
Applicant: Larimer County
Development Services Team Recommendation: Community Development Staff recommends that the Larimer County Planning Commission recommend to the Board of County Commissioners approval of the proposed amendments to the Larimer County Land Use Code, file #16-CODE0200.
D. PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS: *Will not be discussed unless requested by
Commissioners or members of the audience.
*2. COUNTRYSIDE PARK PHASE III LOT 251 EASEMENT VACATION FILE #16-LAND3527
Staff Contacts: Rebecca Smith, Planning, Clint Jones Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Easement Vacation to vacate 5’ of the 33’ utility easement to allow for a proposed addition to the single-family residence on the property.
Location: Situated west of Darren Street in the Countryside Park Phase III Subdivision; address is 2613 Darren Street, Fort Collins.
Applicant/Owner: Robyn &Barry Leming - 2613 Darren Street, Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends approval of the Countryside Park Phase III Lot 251 Easement Vacation, File #16-LAND3527, subject to the following condition:
1. The vacation of the utility easement shall be finalized at such time when the findings and resolution of the County Commissioners is recorded.
*3. BADER FARM MINOR LAND DIVISION, FILE #16-LAND3523
Staff Contacts: Rob Helmick, Planning, Clint Jones Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Minor Land Division to create a 5 acre single family residential lot and two agricultural lots of 35 acres each, not for residential purposes they will be restricted from further development.
Location: 1715 East County Road 14 or 42nd St SE, Southeast of the City of Loveland
Applicant: Intermill Land Surveying/Rob - 1301 N Cleveland Ave, Loveland CO 80537
Owner: Bader Farm, Inc. - 1715 County Road 14, Loveland CO 80537
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends that if the Board of County Commissioners determines to Approve the Bader Farm Minor Land Division file #16-LAND3523 it should be subject to the following condition(s) and authorization for the chairman to sign the plat when the conditions are met and the plat is presented for signature:
1. All conditions of approval shall be met and the Final Plat recorded by March 6, 2017 or this approval shall be null and void.
2. Prior to the recordation of the Final Plat, the application shall make technical corrections required by the Larimer County Engineering Department.
3. Right of Way for CR 14 shall be corrected to reflect a 60 foot half width.
4. The applicant shall work with the ditch company to resolve issues with the requested notes and easements to be reflected on the plat.
*4. NATURE ESTATES SUBDIVISION OUTLOT A AMENDED PLAT,
Staff Contacts: Rob Helmick, Planning, Clint Jones, Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Amended Plat to change the condition of approval for Nature Estates Subdivision, which currently requires Outlot A to be owned by the Home Owners Association, to allow transfer to the adjoining owner. If approved, File #16-LAND3529 is currently in process for an Add-On Agreement to allow the parcel (Outlot A) to be joined with an adjacent parcel.
Location: East of CR 9E south of CR 20 and north of the Big Thompson River.
Applicant/Owner: Jake Kauffman and Sons - 808 CR 9E, Loveland CO 80537
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends Approval of the Amended Plat of the Nature Estates Subdivision Outlot A file #16-LAND3530, subject to the following:
1. The Outlot is combined with adjoining lands owned by Jake Kauffman and Sons, Inc in the Add-On Agreement file # 16-LAND3029.
E. PUBLIC HEARING DISCUSSION ITEM:
5. VINEY APPEAL, FILE #15-G0291
Staff Contacts: Michael Whitley, Planning, Clint Jones, Engineering, Doug Ryan, Health
Request: Appeals to Section 8.14.1.M (Public Right-of-Way Requirement) and 8.14.1.R (Connectivity) of the Land Use Code to allow Brookhill Road to become a private road. If the appeals are granted, the applicants intend to apply to vacate the right-of-way for Brookhill Road.
Location: Adjacent to 2553 and 2607 Brookhill Road; located at the intersection of County Road 54G and Brookhill Road
Applicant/Owner: Kevin and Carol Viney - 2553 Brookhill Rd, Fort Collins CO 80524
Development Services Team Recommendation: The Development Services Team recommends denial of the Viney Appeal, File #16-GNRL0400.
If the Board of County Commissioners approves the appeals, the Development Services Team recommends a condition of approval that the applicants address the standards found in Section 8.14.1.M.2.a-d as a part of a future application to vacate the Brookhill Road right-of-way.